Thursday, July 24, 2008

"A Personal Note"

In Romans 8:28 the Word says, "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Duane and I know with no doubts that we are in the will of God here in North Luzon, Philippines. This is where God has placed us for His service and here we will serve Him. I would like to share a personal note with you. I have a prayer request so please be patient with me on trying to write this. I went to the Doctor here in our city just for a regular woman's checkup. The Doctor said since I was 50 she would like to do a ultrasound with my mammogram. (They got a new ultrasound machine and were so excited to have it so they were using on anyone who would agree). So I said that would be great, never expecting to find anything wrong. They found a tumor in my left breast. They have told me Stage one breast cancer. After consulting a Doctor in the states as well as my Doctor here both agree don't wait for removal. Get it out now! So I am going to the surgeon Monday, July 28 at 3:00pm (Philippine time) for scheduling surgery for the removal of the tumor at St. Luke's Medical Center in Manila. Please pray for me and Duane. We will be victorious in this and will just be stronger in the Lord and His work here in the Philippines. Insurance from the states can not be used in this hospital and the cost will be approx. p100,000 for hospital and doctor. Which is about $3000. We know that God is in control and will give us direction in this also. Thank you for all you prayers and I know we will be triumphant. We serve a mighty and wonderful God!
Your Sister in Christ, Diane

3 comments:

The Wallace Family said...

We love you and are praying for you.

Holly for the Wallace's

Middle Age Hacks said...

Dear Sister Diane,
You are in my prayers. I am glad to know about your blog, thank you! The story about the tears of a mother is very touching. Who knows what impact God can have when we are obedient in just one little thing. I am blessed by your compassion for these people!

Sally Johnson in AZ


The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. Nahum 1:7

Kristy said...

I will be praying for you. My mom has gone through cancer 3 times (as recently as last Feb 2008), she will be 68 next month. I understand a litte about what all this is like for all of you.

Kristy McKinley
Fort Mohave Arizona
Mohave Baptist Church Member
One of my blog addresses
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/passionforpurple