Thursday, June 18, 2009

VBS in Sagubo




The last week of May was VBS in Sagubo. And what a way to end the month! A young man, Jonathan Smith, from our church was visiting us and helping in this VBS and a young woman, Hannah Senn, from the last church my husband was pastor was visiting also. They came at different times to visit but left the same day traveling back to the states together. Actually, Hannah was here during the VBS in Natonin also. Both were a great help and the children loved getting to know them both. I pray that their mission trip here with us was a life changing experience.


Sagubo is a very different place from Natonin. Even though both are in the mountains, Sagubo is different tribes of people. Their second language is Ilocano and their main language is Kankaneay. We have been working in Sagubo and with the people there longer than any other place so we are very close to the them there.


In the VBS we had a total of 89 children. What a blessing!! In the morning when we were getting ready and eating breakfast we could hear the children singing at the church two hours early waiting for us to arrive for VBS. Their voices were heard all over the valley. We had the same theme as in Natonin, F.R.O.G. "Fully Rely On God". VBS was a great success and the children are looking forward to next year and so am I. We visit this mission very often and the children are always reminding me how much they learned at VBS and are already asking "what are we going to learn about next year?" Pray for the children in Sagubo and that they will "fully rely on God". They told me that I needed to "fully rely on God" for my strength to return to Sagubo. They know about my breast cancer and they are aware that I may not be able to go there next year for VBS. But we are trusting and relying on God and if He wants me there He will make the way. The God I serve is in control of all things.


The people there know how I love Orchids and Sagubo is the best place to see all kinds of Orchids growing wild, so the last day of VBS they presented me with Orchids to bring home and put in my garden. They are so beautiful and blooming in my garden now.

1 comment:

The Wallace Family said...

Whoa! That's a passel of kids! :~)