Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Come Walk with Me"

June, 2008 Prayer Letter
"Come Walk with Me" this month up a road to a place where a tribe of people have migrated to outside of the city. These are mountain people, different from the ones I shared with you last time. Our ministry is very diverse. We minister to the low land people and the mountain people. This is a settlement of people, what we would call squatters. Duane and I have been in a lot of different situations here but we both agree this is the worst we have seen. Just when we think we have seen it all, God humbles us and proves to us there is much more for us to do. Our Ministry is not only diverse but vast. In this new area of ministry there are approximately 55 children. Most of the children have no shoes (slippers is what they prefer to wear). We call them flip flops. W.I.N. has started a project there from a idea from one of the ladies of one of our supporting churches. That project is were are having a day of fun and during that day we will be drawing every child's foot on a piece of paper and putting their name inside the foot. That way I can take every paper and measure for slippers to be distributed to the children. A young man that God has put in our life is now the national Pastor of our mission, Shining Light Baptist Mission, adn he is the one that opened the way for us in this settlement. He has started a Bible Study there and the people are eager to learn the truth of Jesus. Pastor Sante will be helping us with the day of fun. This day will be a humbling day. I can't wait to share it with you all next Prayer Letter.
I am "Seeing With New Eyes" God's Compassion every where I look here. I pray the Lord will always let me see with new eyes were He is working.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Mrs. Diane,what can we do to help? I would like my moms group at church to help with this project, i just need to know how would be the best way to do it. I am sending you a seperate email about this.

Pat Love
Bible Baptist
El Dorado, AR